ICOM ICFA 2012 in Moscow
September, 30 - October, 05
ICOM Russia and ICFA, the ICOM International Committee for museums and collections of Fine arts, invite speakers and participators for the ICFA annual conference to be held in Moscow 30 Sept. – 5 Oct. 2012. Our meeting this year organized by ICOM Russia will be hosted by the State Pushkin museum of Fine Arts and the State Tretyakov Gallery.
This international conference will focus on the theme MUSEUM COMPLEXES: PRINCIPLES OF FUNCTIONING, MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT. Museum complex includes a number of premises with permanent displays, exhibition spaces, storages, research and restoration studios, libraries and archives, education centers, administrative offices. An important part is museum infrastructure with cafes, museum shops, recreation zones and so on. How effectively and on what grounds and principles to plan the museum complexes structure, functioning dislocation, type of management, and concepts of development?
Museums and museum enterprises
Activity of museum complexes and marketing of museum services
Visual identification: architecture, design
Museums and society
Museum and city
Submissions can be:
- Research papers presentations are invited to break new ground, present new insight, and a research contribution. 20 minutes
- Theme papers report practical results and contribute to one of the points mentioned above. 15 minutes
- Project papers present new projects or perspective plans of museum complexes, quarters and areas development. 20 minutes
- Videos or alternative media to be shown during the sessions or breaks. No longer than 8 minutes and have a brief text summary
Speakers should attempt to present a critical reflection on their research, observations, study cases.
Proposal deadline July 31, 2012
The official language of the conference – English with simultaneous translation into Russian during the working sessions.
Please find the following forms:
- NEW CONFERENCE PROGRAM_eng.pdf
- ICFA12 Moscow topic&call for papers ENG 04-07.doc no registration fees for speakers!
- ICFA12 Moscow reg form ENG 04-07.doc
- ICFA12 Moscow accommodation 29-08.pdf With more options now!